Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Holding on.


Colossians 3:12-15

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful."


Ever had your heart burdened for every single person in a room? Ever had it break for them? Knowing and somehow feeling their spirit’s need, but not knowing how to tell or show them what they need… something you have. Something that will answer all their questions and problems. Something that will fulfill every void in their being. Knowing that they are being deprived and are therefore suffocating and dying because of this…? So many times I have asked and pleaded with God to give me the opportunity, the chance… to give me the words to say…. Asking why me? How can I? Who am I? Only to be met with: Wait. BE still. Have patience. Trust. Love them. Over and over and over.

And PRAY.

What do you do when you love someone, but almost everything they do and say hurts you? What do you do when they don't seem to care that they are causing you pain? What do you do when they are obviously hurting, or going the wrong way, or don't fully understand, and you want to help... but they are not grabbing the rope? They are not receiving the loving assistance? They won't allow you to save them from sinking; from drowning.

Do i walk away? Give up? Let them fall away? Let go?
"I'm holding on with a broken heart, that's still beating..."

I am reminded of what He said:
Wait. BE still. Have patience. Trust. Love them. Over and over and over. And PRAY.

Pray with me for the lost, the hurting and the broken-hearted.
And forgive as the Lord forgave you.

2 comments:

  1. I have been there. Actually, I continuously feel like I am there. In the hurting, the reaching, the praying, the intersession, the pain, the concern, the pleading, the heart-wrenching, soul-breaking desperation. It really is like you're suffocating. Almost like you're in a glass, sound proof room. You can talk but the person(s) on the other side of that glass cannot and will not hear you. It's horrible. I'm really sorry that you're going through this, honey. I would not wish this feeling on anyone.
    The only encouragement that I can give you is that Jeremiah 32:27 says that our God is "the God of all mankind. Is there anything too hard for him?" Or Proverbs 19:21 says: "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it's the LORD's purpose that prevails." I think that my favorite promise is in Jeremiah 31:3-9. God promises us that we need to watch what comes next. Watch and wait for Him. (See...verses 8-9).
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you. I do.
    Thank you Jenn.
    Those are some great passages.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete