Friday, February 19, 2010
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
You know you are having a good day when...
It's just a good day.
- Your 8am class is canceled, and you had a quiz that morning.
- Your hair is not frizzy.
- The sun is shining the day you decided to wear a summery dress.
- Denny's is offering free pancakes to everyone and their mother all day. So you and your 5 girl friends pile into a car to take part in the country-wide madness.
- Your pain-killers kick in.
- Scientific Models of Origin class gets out early. I wish.
- Your counseling session turns out to be highly productive in its 3rd week.
- Your Mommy calls to see how you are doing.
- Your prayer gets answered sooner rather than later.
- You get time to eat lunch in between back-to-back classes. Corn and rice with sour cream.
- Seeing your ex-boyfriend puts a huge smile on your face. And his.
- You pass notes in class and still learn something new.
- Your sister texts you a Naked picture. Naked juice.
- Someone points out your wearing pink, and you never wear pink.
- You have "Imma Bee" by Black Eyed Peas stuck in your head.
- You read 1 Peter 1:6-9.
- You blog instead of doing homework.
- It's 3:30pm and there is more goodness to come!
It's just a good day.
Friday, February 5, 2010
The God who Heals.
And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians; for I am the LORD that healeth thee.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful."
Ever had your heart burdened for every single person in a room? Ever had it break for them? Knowing and somehow feeling their spirit’s need, but not knowing how to tell or show them what they need… something you have. Something that will answer all their questions and problems. Something that will fulfill every void in their being. Knowing that they are being deprived and are therefore suffocating and dying because of this…? So many times I have asked and pleaded with God to give me the opportunity, the chance… to give me the words to say…. Asking why me? How can I? Who am I? Only to be met with: Wait. BE still. Have patience. Trust. Love them. Over and over and over.
What do you do when you love someone, but almost everything they do and say hurts you? What do you do when they don't seem to care that they are causing you pain? What do you do when they are obviously hurting, or going the wrong way, or don't fully understand, and you want to help... but they are not grabbing the rope? They are not receiving the loving assistance? They won't allow you to save them from sinking; from drowning.
Do i walk away? Give up? Let them fall away? Let go?
"I'm holding on with a broken heart, that's still beating..."
I am reminded of what He said:
Wait. BE still. Have patience. Trust. Love them. Over and over and over. And PRAY.
Pray with me for the lost, the hurting and the broken-hearted.
And forgive as the Lord forgave you.