Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lis and Jenn
















When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares. -Henri Nouwen


Photographer: Johnathan DeWayne
Photos Edited by: Lissa Jenat
Organized by: Jenn Joy

2 comments:

  1. Lissa, I feel extremely honored that you are able to compare what Henri Nouwen said about a friend with me. That is the type of person and friend I am to everyone. Thank you for being silly with me and looking GORGEOUS with me. You are a valued, important, close, and beautiful friend. I hope you have a great spring semester. Love you ~ Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just now viewed this comment. Guess this is not like Facebook where it notifies you that there is a comment waiting to be viewed.
    Im sorry.
    I am SO thankful for you and the friendship we share Jenn. I only hope and pray that i am such a friend to you.. for a lifetime.
    This photoshoot was a blast! I loved every minute of it! Even though it was nippy. :)
    You are lovely inside and out, dont let anyone tell you different. 1 Peter 3:4
    See you soon!
    I love you Jenn.

    ReplyDelete